Wednesday, October 12, 2011

bluberry muffins.

On Sunday night, I made my first attempt to make blueberry muffins from scratch. 
It really wasn't that hard, actually.
We have a gene on my moms side of the family that makes us out to be horrible bakers and pancake makers (that rhymes, unintentional!) I definitely feel like I'm breaking this curse and I am very proud of these little yums. Unfortunately, we probably need to replace out baking soda so they didn't puff up all big and beautiful, next time right? Here's how I did them!


Recipe:
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 tbsp softened butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 cup half and half
1 cup blueberries


Preheat oven to 375. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside. Cream butter and sugar together. Beat in the egg. Alternate between the dry ingredients and h/h until all ingredients are used up. Fold in blueberries. I used holders because I have horrible luck with stickiness.  Fill up tins with batter and bake for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!


2 comments: