Birthing Story

I'm going to try to get this down so Bryce will have it to look back on when he's an old man, haha.

I was due on February 21st and a loooong two weeks later, I was still pregnant! So I called to make a doctors appointment because they never scheduled an inducing date or anything so I thought I was just supposed to wait till he wanted to come. Jesse was VERY hesitant about even going to the appointment because he knew that they would want to induce me and he really wanted baby to come naturally.

When we finally got into to see the doctors, they were really upset that I hadn't come in sooner since I was a whole 2 weeks and 3days past my due date. They then brought in the head doctor to tell me that I was killing my baby and Jesse and the doc really got into it. It was intense in there. The head doctor sent us downstairs to get an ultrasound to see how big they baby was then back upstairs to get a stress test. They told us he was over 9 pounds and that my water was low :( I started to panic. We REALLY wanted him to come when he was ready, but it seemed like that option was fading away. Jesse and I left the hospital to go out to dinner and think about what we were going to do. We came to the conclusion to go ahead and get induced. Sadly, we were completely unprepared so we had Jesse's mom pick out stuff up from our place, while we were waiting for her in the parking lot I started having contractions! YAY. But they were all over the place.

We finally got into our room and all the nurses were very sweet to us. They induced me around 11pm and Jesse and I tried to get sleep to prepare for the big show. I just could not sleep for the life of me. I tossed and turned all night through the morning and I was barely feeling any pain at all. Then around 10am the pain was coming in super intense, I was already 7cm dilated! At this point, I couldn't handle the pain and needed some assistance. By the time the doctor got out of the OR to give me the epidural I was 9cm! I am not a fan of needles at all, but I was willing to do anything to help ease the pain. It was hard because I really wanted this to be a natural process, but it was much more painful than expected.

FINALLY! I was able to get some real sleep before he was ready to meet the world, about 2 hours full of it. Then my doctor came back to see how dilated I was, when she saw I was already at 10cm she was telling me to get ready to push, this was all happening so fast and I just felt so drugged up, I didn't feel him coming at all. All of a sudden there were a million people in the room, the head honcho doctor was screaming at me to push and not scream, people I didn't know were holding my legs and telling me I was doing a good job, and Jesse had a mixed look of sadness and happiness all over his face. This was really happening and it was happening now. I pushed and pushed but he was coming out sideways so they gave me a big cut to help get his head out. Then I pushed more and more, and then... baby Bryce was here.

The aftermath was the worst part for me, I got stitched up for over an hour and was not able to hold my baby boy due to the crazy amount of drugs I was on, I could not stop shaking. Jesse stepped in (such a great dad) and gave Bryce the skin to skin that he needed while began to recover.

 Bryce Dorian 
Born March 10th, 2011
I love you babies.


  1. I can't believe he is a 9# baby there. He looks so little. That Dr shouldn't of been yelling at you either, and telling you you were killing him? That was very unprofessional on his part. Hopefully the next baby will be much easier. He's adorable! Tina "The Book Lady"

  2. Wow, that sounds like an experience. Sometimes babies just aren't ready to come out and I would have been so distressed if a dr had told be I were killing my child. I'm so glad that everything worked out and you have a beautiful bundle of joy! xx

  3. What a beautiful story. I'm sorry that you had to deal with such an unprofessional doctor, but at least your little man's alright! :)