Thursday, June 9, 2011

Shredded beef.


This week Jesse decided he wanted  shredded beef taquitos. Unfortunately for him we didn't have any toothpicks and I really did not feel like going back to the store, so we switched things up a little and made shredded beef tacos instead. It may not be the traditional way, but here is how I did it.


  • A large chuck roast.
  • Tablespoon of salt
  • Tablespoon of Peeper (I like pepper!)
  • Tablespoon of cumin
  • Tablespoon of oregano
  • Teaspoon of cayenne 
  • 2  tablespoons tomato paste
  • Chicken stock ( I didn't have beef stock)
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 3 chopped cloves of garlic
  • A little oil
While heating a big pot with oil, I mixed all the spices together and crusted them on the meat. Once the oil was hot, I put the meat in and browned it on both sides then removed it from the pan and added the chopped onion and garlic.  When those were translucent, I added the tomato paste, chicken stock and added the beef back in. After the mixture came to a light boil, I simmered it with the lid on until it was tender enough to shred.
Then, YUM TIME!

1 comment:

  1. that looks so delicious!!! I am definitely going to have to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete