Friday, March 23, 2012

Fitness Friday

Starting out my new road to health was easier for me this time around. I watched shows and videos and felt inspired. What I gathered from everything was that what you put into your body is the most important. So that's where I started.

(+++)

As you all probably know, I LOVE FOOD! So this step wasn't exactly easy, but it was definitely necessary. As a family, we have cut out soda and lots of sugary snacks. Also, we don't eat any fast food anymore other than Subway and Farmer Boys and honestly, I don't even miss it! The hardest part about this bit was of course the starbucks frapps. So we compromised, I'm slowly winging myself off of them; I only allow myself to have one a week. I try to look at them as wasted calories and it helps a bit.

Although cutting out all the bad stuff is hard, it makes you feel so good about yourself. That feeling that I get after doing a good workout and eating a healthy meal is like none other.

This weekend I'm also doing the OpFABS Weekend challenge.
 
OpFABS Weekend Challenge #1
It’s Friday and I’ve managed to gain more weight. So let’s nip that in the bud shall we?
Weekend Challenge!
This weekend (let’s make it Friday to Sunday) I challenge YOU (Pikachu) to:
  • Have a serving of veggies with EVERY meal. Spinach in your egg white omelet for breakfast, salad for lunch, protein and steamed veggies for dinner, that sort of thing. Even your snacks have to be veggies! Carrots and hummus? Cucumbers with lime? Try something new!
  • Run or walk a 5K. That’s 3.1 miles folks. Some of you might be more seasoned runners than others, so if you can’t run one…walk one!
  • Make your water goal and meet it! Your weight divided by two = ounces of water you should be drinking. So I’m going to aim to drink about 72 ounces of water a day!
Who else is in?

1 comment:

  1. hmmm! this could be fun!
    i need to whip back into shape!!

    <3 VEGA
    http://vintagecomplex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete