Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Roasted Chicken!

As I've said before, my family eats a  lot of roast chicken. instead of doing the same plain jane recipe, I've decided to branch out and try some new ways/flavors to put on our chicken. I found this recipe on My Dish. The site is new to me but it has definitely been added to my favorites list. I looked under chicken and found a ton of yummy looking recipes. I'm making this deliciousness next week. I decided to make Lemon and Thyme Roast Chicken with an Algerian Twist. For some odd odd reason, I've never thought about adding citrus, garlic and butter to create the ultimate chicken heaven! It was so yummy.

We didn't have the patience to take the picture before we dove in. It just smelt so good. I also added potatoes and carrots so I didn't have to do much else when the chicken came out. One pot wonders are amazing for new moms like me!
Here's the recipe:




  • Preheat oven to 350. Place chicken in roasting tin.
  • Mix garlic, butter, salt and spices. Make a pocket between the skin and the flesh of the chicken and rub the butter mix between and on the skin.
  • Squeeze the lemon juice on the skin and then stuff the chicken with the lemon quarters along with thyme.
  • Season with plenty of salt and pepper and roast for 80 – 90mins.




  • No comments:

    Post a Comment