Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Tortilla Soup.

I'm featured!
Check out my guest post at Real Indiana Housewife.

I've been slacking on my recipes post due to how crazy it's been around here.
I wanted to share with you all my accidental soup yumminess.
We have roasted chicken about once a week and I always make chicken stock the day after.
Jess had requested chicken tortilla soup and that's what I intended to make but got caught up with Bry.
We ended up having chicken-less tortilla soup and surprisingly, we both liked it more.

Here's my recipe:
  • 4 cups chicken stock
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 1 onion
  • 1 jalapeno
  • 3 summer squashes ( I just used whatever Jess bought)
  • 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
  • 1/2 of oregano
  • shredded cheese
  • crispy corn tortillas
  • lime juice
Dice your onion, garlic and jalapeno. Cook the onion in a heavy pot with a little oil. Once translucent, add the garlic and pepper and cook until fragrant. Add the diced to tomatoes, chicken stock, cumin and oregano and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the squash and let simmer for another 15 minutes or until the squash is tender. Top the soup with crispy tortilla chips, cheese and a squeeze of lime juice. Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious. I love the squeeze of lime in the soup. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds sooo good! Can't wait to try it!

    New follower from Tasty Thursday.
    firefly-chasing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so easy to make and looks fantastic! xx

    http://shermsinthemiddle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete