Monday, May 23, 2011

Speaking of Gaga

As always, Gaga is getting some bad publicity but for some reason I've been very defensive of her.
I still can't figure out exactly what it is but I know that I absolutely love the messages she sends for equality. 
Of course you should be able to love who ever you want 
A different lover is not a sin, believe capital H-I-M
But I don't understand why I feel the constant need to defend the crazy things.
Gaga is unique (of course), there is really no one else like her and I admire that. Some people say that she overdoes it, and I'd agree with that but I also think that that is what makes her so unique. She knows who she is(for the time being) and she keeps pushing herself to a new level.

Sometimes I feel trapped in a box
People telling me what to do, what to wear and how to act. I know it's mostly because age but it's still bothers me. It feels like I'm not my own person or I don't even have the wiggle room to create a person I could be.
Lady Gaga is just who she wants to be and that's why I admire her.
I don't want to look or dress like her, I just want the confidence she has to be who she wants to be.

I don't know if this makes any sense, but I LOVE this blog for giving me this opportunity to express myself without judgment.

No comments:

Post a Comment